Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Welcome to Ohana! Work weekend coming soon.

I am using this blog post to introduce myself... I am Vanessa, the new Ohana director. I started in January when the snow was (not so) deep but the ice was rampant. And now, with the warm weather and muddy roads… camp fever is raging through my blood.
Ohana family camp is opening soon! Weddings will start in May when all the blooms are out. I am thoroughly looking forward to meeting the “whole” Ohana family. I can’t wait to get in the lake for some swimming and kayaking!

As I have gotten started, I am thankful to have Deb and Andy settling me in and showing me the ropes. They are masters to learn from as many of you already know. The amount of knowledge and details that reside in their brains makes me wonder how they have managed to remember each other’s name all this time.

In other happenings… I am in the thick of hiring new and returning staff from near and far. (I will introduce some of them in future blogs.) Win and the B&G crew have done incredible work on two staff cabins- Maples and Gardenside- both now have new roofs and solid floors.
And of course we have been creating the project list for work weekend. It is through this work weekend that we dust off the Vermont winter and get camp ready for the season. We are thankful to have committed volunteers that give their time and laughs for this yearly effort. We know some folks are ready (like the illustrious "dock crew" I have heard about, ready to jump in the water at any temperature) but we can always use an extra hand or two or three... Work weekend is May 11-13, let us know if you want to join.

No comments: